What is Happiness
It seems like an odd question, but is it? Do you think happiness is the same thing to you as it is to others?
What’s the point of it all? Does it even make a difference in our lives?
In fact, happiness does have a pretty important role in our lives and it can have a huge impact on the way we live our lives. Although researchers have yet to pin down the definition or an agreed-upon framework for happiness, there’s a lot we have learned in the last few decades. READ ON!
The Oxford Dictionary’s definition of “happiness” is a simple one: “The state of being happy.” Not exactly what we were looking for, was it? The definition of “happy” however, is a little more helpful: “Feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.”
So, happiness is the state of feeling or showing pleasure or contentment. From this definition, we can collect a few important points about happiness:
- Happiness is a state, in other words, it isn’t long-lasting or permanent, but more fleeting and changeable.
- Happiness is equated with a feeling of pleasure or contentment. It is not to be confused with joy, bliss, or other more intense feelings.
- Happiness can be felt or showed, meaning that it is not necessarily an internal or external experience, but can be both.
Where does my happiness come from?
- My happiness comes from a place deep within.
- A place where love dwells
- Family love and gatherings
- Open spaces
- Doing what I love…
TIPS FOR LIVING A HAPPY LIFE
- Be committed. No matter what goals you have set for yourself in life, you have to be committed.
- Be grateful every day
- Take action
- Money can’t buy happiness
- Have a back up plan
- Improve your social skills.
- Balance work and life.
- Pray daily
- Live in the moment. Enjoy what is here and now
- PLAY and Laugh a lot!